Monday, April 5, 2010

Toys R Us Deal

I thought I would share a picture and an explanation of a great deal that I got at Toys R Us last week.

Here's the breakdown:

Purchased:
30 Hasbro games
4 stuffed animals

Total retail value: $487.66
Spent: $105.42
Will receive back in rebates: $77
Total spent out of pocket: $28.42 - about 95 cents per game


Here's how I was able to do it:
Toys R Us had their Hasbro games on sale and they were also running a promotion where you would get a $5 Toys R Us gift card when you purchased $20 worth of Hasbro games. To make this deal even better, Hasbro.com had coupons for several of their games, which would not affect the $20 total. On top of that, Hasbro and Toys R Us are doing a rebate on the games, and you can get $3 or $2 back on most games. The last thing that made this deal so great was that the $20 minimum purchase requirement was calculated based on the original price, not the sale price.

So here's an example of one of the games that I bought:
Elefun - regular price $19.99
Sales price - $12.99
$5.00 hasbro.com coupon
= $7.99
- $5.00 gift card
-$3.00 rebate
= 0.1 profit

I checked out about 20 times over 2 different days and kept using my $5 gift card on the next purchase to help keep my total out of pocket expense as low as possible. We're going to keep some of the games for us, give some as gifts this year, and donate the others.

I'm a little slow about getting my deals posted in time for others to take advantage of them as well, but I'll try to do better in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment